There are 15 National Parks in the UK, which have been set up to preserve the wildlife and to offer the general public a place to enjoy the great outdoors. The UK’s National Parks can offer both adults and children alike a fantastic day out where they can explore, take in the magnificent views, enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities as well as learn about the area.
Apart from the excitement of visiting a place full of natural history, National Parks boasts a wide range of events and offer so much to see and do time and time again. There are outdoor playground where you can get involved in cycling, climbing, canoeing, sailing or even a spot of gliding. Not to mention a wealth of British landscapes, perfect for family walks, picnics, stargazing and simply taking in the beautiful views.
Here’s just a handful of things which I would recommend that you should do during a visit to a National Park:
- Enjoy the many picturesque views, especially during a trip to The Yorkshire Three Peaks.
- Take the Hethpool Wild Goat Walk in Northumberland.
- Get up close the beautiful purple carpet of heather at the North York Moors National Park
- Visit the Ugly House in Snowdonia
- Get involved in Letterboxing during a trip to Dartmoor National Park Authority
- Enjoy a spot of stargazing in one of the few World Dark Sky Reserved in Brecon Beacons
- Watch birds interact in their habitat during a birdwatching session at the Lake District National Park
WHich national parks have you explored or are wanting to visit?