There are times that I look back on my life and wish I could be a teenager again. I miss the care-free lifestyle, going to college/university and buying treats just for me, although I loved my teenage years, they were also the worst years of my life – I was incredibly self-conscious, didn’t feel I really fit in and also went through a lot of heartache.
Now in my early (cough cough late cough cough) twenties, I actually feel more comfortable in my skin then I did ten years ago. Don’t get me wrong, there are still days I doubt myself, but not to the extent that I did in the early noughties.
Being in your twenties, is/was about carving out my life for the future, getting rid of the crap that affected in my teenage years and living for now instead of living in doubt.
- Walking around with no make-up on
- Earning my own living and making the most of what I have got
- Vocalising my opinions
- Having a small group of quality friendships
- The freedom of being a grown-up
- Building my future and I can’t wait to see what it brings
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT BEING IN YOUR TWENTIES? COMMENT BELOW!